Tuesday, April 1, 2008

La Cucaracha

On my lunch break today I went to Old Navy because I was told there was really good baby clearance there. While I was there I came across this little "Newsie" hat (the last one). It reminded me of my Papa who frequently wears this type of hat in the summer. When I got home Shelby and I excitedly changed Carter into this ultra preppy look complete with the little hat. By the time we were done dressing him he no longer was in a smiley mood but we were still determined to get some cute pictures of him (they are posted on our Flickr page). Shelby got desperate and started singing "La Cucaracha" to him to make him smile. He didn't get ecstatic, but did manage to smile a bit for our queer little video. Hope you like...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your grandfather's hats!! You're so right, he always wore them. I completely forgot. Your baby looks so cute in his hat, and it helps that you and your sister, Scarlett Johanson, can both sing. Or maybe it's that Scarlett Johanson is really Shelby.

Hannah said...

love the hat! He is SO CUTE! I can't wait to see him in a few weeks!

M said...

Very cute outfit! And that video is great - make sure you show it to his prom date in seventeen years. She'll love it.

Mike and Ariane said...

Too cute! You'll have to check out my best friend's blog (Lindsay and Tony) off our site...her little baby boy, Van, has the same hat. She must've found it at the Old Gravy in Indiana! Too cute stylin' boy!

Sargent Family said...

oliver was smiling when i played that...its the antidote for all angry babies!

Hannah said...

Shauna... I was really sad that you didn't write an American Idol follow-up on last night's show. I love to hear your opinion on everyone!

Sorry again about the April Fool's Joke... I'm still really embarassed.