Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Best Butter Cookies. Ever.

So as my friends and family know, I am a huge fan of cookies. I love making them. I love watching people eat my cookies and of course, I love eating them myself. Usually in the summer I am on hiatus from making cookies because of the heat. This past Sunday, the weather was rainy and cool and I was bored at my parents' house waiting for them to get home. I starting browsing through the pantry and my mother's cookbooks trying to find something to make. I came across this recipe in The Taste of Home Award Winning Recipes. It only had six ingredients which made it a very appealing choice and the assembly seemed easy. My mom and I made them for the fam on Sunday night and they were delicious!!! I am making them again tonight at my house and I am already putting them on the make-in-a-hurry list. Hope you like...

Swedish Butter Cookies (courtesy of Taste of Home)

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons maple syrup
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
confectioners' sugar

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add syrup; mix well. Sift together flour and baking soda in a separate bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough into eight portions. Roll each portion into a 9-in. log with your hands (they will look like Play-Doh snakes) Place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 1-inch slices with a pizza cutter. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

They sound kind of like shortbread...ooh baby, I am so excited to try them out!

Emma and John said...

mmmmm....I can't wait to try these! As if I need another good cookie recipe right now, but this souds too good to pass up!

Anonymous said...

Those pics look like Sis. Melanson's lemon squares, and now I want lemon squares. I'm sure these are good too, but lemon squares. Mmmmmm....

Anonymous said...

My son chose this recipe since it had no eggs, making it safe to eat raw! It was the first recipe he has ever put together by himself. So easy and really yummy! Thanks!!