Wednesday, July 22, 2009

He's here...Introducing Hamilton Ralph Siebach

Our second son, Hamilton, arrived at 1:22 p.m. on July 10th (Auntie Shelby's birthday). He weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz and was 20 inches long. I still can't believe that I am the mother of two sons under the age of 2 but I know this will soon become my new normal.
Cuddling with Hamilton in the hospital
Hamilton cuddling with Grandma Pouliot in the hospital

Carter welcoming his new brother. For anyone that knows Carter you can guess he has been hugging and kissing him like crazy since being home.

The first week has gone pretty well. He is such a snuggler that he has been having trouble sleeping by himself at night but he is getting better each day. I was scheduled to be induced on Saturday (July 11th) but went into labor on my own on Thursday night and had him on Friday afternoon. A very big thank you to the nurses and doctors at Exeter Hospital that made my labor, delivery and recovery as comfortable as possible. It was such a better experience than Carter's birth and I have valued the follow up care I have received there as well. Also a special thank you to Auntie Shelbs for all the help with the boys and the awesome pictures she took with her paparazzi camera.

14 comments:

Zillah said...

he is adorable and you are gorgeous. congratulations!

M said...

Congrats! He is SO cute! The name Hamilton Ralph is really perfect too. I love it.

And you look fabulous, by the way. I love your haircut!

Good luck with all of the chaos that will ensue in the coming weeks. I've thought about you a lot since Hamilton was born. I'm sure you'll manage everything well.

e said...

My goodness. Who looks like THAT after giving birth? Wow, you look fantastic (note: I've never seen you in person, but seriously, who looks that good after having a baby?!).

Congratulations on your baby. And, I do hope you can blog more. Your AI blogs were so great, but I get life can be crazy with two little boys! :)

Nathan said...

Congratulations! I didn't even know you were expecting.

He's adorable, and I wish you all the best.

Mike and Ariane said...

Ok, that's not fair. You are in labor for a day and then look that faboo! Can't wait to meet Hamilton in person! Sorry to call your phone during the happy moment, I was surprised your mom answered it!

Mike and Ariane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

Congrats!! You look SO good! I hope you are adjusting well to having 2 kids. It's more overwhelming than I expected it would be...

Andrea said...

I am so excited and happy for you. PS, why oh why is your picture so AMAZING!!! It isn't fair for you to look that gorgeous after a baby. I love it. He's a cutie.

Sargent Family said...

Can't wait to meet the little man on Sunday! Keep up the good work! You're an amazing mom!

The Huffakers said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations MAMA. You look fabulous (love the hair). You look amazing not to mention just having had a baby!!

Hamilton is adorable. That is so fun that Carter has a brother so close in age. No doubt they will be great buddies.
CUTE

Ashley said...

Oh, he is precious. Congratulations! And yeah, you apparently packed your own hospital bag, because you actually had toiletries. :) I didn't even have the case for my contact lenses, so I had to put them in plastic hospital cups. And make-up? "You wear make-up, honey?" Poor Joe. I'll definitely be packing next time. :) Congrats on your beautiful, growing family! Spencer's jealous. He wishes HE had a baby to hug and kiss.

Luisa said...

One of the things I've always admired about you is your witty attention to details. You make simple things in life seem more humorous than others would. I hope you use that now that your life is becoming a heck of a lot more interesting. Good luck! Laugh your way through it. And nice work... that baby is PERFECT.

Emma and John said...

He is so darling! I love the picture of all the boys. Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him.

Julie said...

Your hair is fantastic! :) And Hamilton is adorable too! Carter has competitionm! :) I am so happy for you!