Wednesday, July 29, 2009

There's a dog...I mean a fox in my driveway

Today while I was getting ready I heard Carter saying, "Hi!" out the window. For anyone that has spent a few minutes with Carter you will know he says, "Hi!" to EVERYONE. I can't go through a store without him greeting everyone and he repeats himself until they respond, sometimes reluctantly, to him. Anyway, because of this I just thought he was saying, "Hi!" to my mom over in the maintenance building and she wasn't responding to him for some reason. So I went to the window to see if it was her or another person from up inside camp. When I made it to the window this is what I saw...
It is not a dog, but then it did this...
And then he walked over about five feet away from Carter's play house...
I have seen foxes here many times before, but never this close to my house. I have heard people ask me why I don't send Carter out to play on his swingset/playyard while I watch from the kitchen...I think it is pretty clear why. Carter has no fear when it comes to animals (wild or domesticated) He chased a turkey around our yard earlier this spring. At least this fox doesn't seem agressive. He walked past me and my mom and dad on the ball field and he didn't approach us at all. He seems content to just wander around. Mike makes fun of me when I drive the car at night from our house to the maintenance building (featured in the first two photos) which is only about 40 feet away...this is why. In the daylight I could avoid this creature. At night, I am not so sure.

2 comments:

Emma and John said...

haha- that is sick! I would do the same thing, Shauna!

Mike and Ariane said...

I wouldn't even go out to the car at night to drive 40 feet! You're brave to do that! Next time you'll have to get the fishercat on camera!