Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Britney Spears Ain't Got Nothin' on Me

After Britney Spears proclaimed, "We're country!" after being asked why she would ever travel in her white Mercedes with Sean Preston on her lap I thought she was crazy. Who would ride around with a baby on her lap and let it be photographed? Well, evidently I have more in common with Britney than I thought. Pictured above is Carter and me in the John Deere Gator, our main vehicle to get around the camp. It is basically a golf cart on steroids--a four wheel drive diesel golf cart. When my mom first told me about how cool it was that Dad bought her this little get around mini tractor, I wasn't that jazzed about it, but since driving it, it is really cool! It is all enclosed so it feels more like a car and you can go ANYWHERE with it- it is amazing. Carter loves to see everything around the camp. Mike and I took him to see the foxes that live in one of the cabins just behind us and he seemed very intrigued. Don't worry, I am still walking most places, especially when Mom is here because she has made it clear that it is HER vehicle when she is here at the camp. What can I say, "We're country!"

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That looks so fun! Sometime we'll all have to visit Mom and Dad's farm and we can all be country together.

Anonymous said...

Wait, I didn't know your parents had a camp. I thought they only had the main house at the lake on the steep hill at the end of the long dirt road. Scott's grandparents have one at Milton Three Ponds, which is where your dad married us. Well, you remember, you were one of the singers. So thanks for that!