Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Johnny Jump Up

Before I had Carter I swore I would not be one of those parents that runs out to buy every gadget and activity station for their baby. First there was the bouncy chair, then the Bumbo, then the stand up activity bouncer, then the swing and now, the Johnny Jump Up. I think what I like most about it is that is actually something that was around when I was a baby and it keeps him occupied while I make dinner and I can still see him. It also doesn't take up very much space and it is not in shockingly bright colors. Plus, look at that face...who could say no to that?
To see more pics of my little man, check out our Flickr page.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Yeah, before Abby was born I had tons of ideas of what I would and wouldn't do as a Mom, but things are always changing now. I HAVE stuck to many of my original ideas, but I realized that some of them just don't matter.

Sargent Family said...

awwww!! that face is precious!

Anonymous said...

There's a lot to be said for trapping your children. Leah has the same swing.

Jen Hallam said...

Amen to keeping your kids entertained in whatever way works. Luke is totally in to Elmo right now, so I record Sesame Street and he watches it while I cook. I swore that was never going to be me. Motherhood!

Emma and John said...

aww- that new picture is SO cute! (In your header) I love looking at all the flickr pictures...Carter already looks so different! I need to see him soon.

Anonymous said...

The face is adorable!!!
I think there is something about being a mom and new gadgets --- anything that keeps them entertained so I can make dinner without anyone needing a trip to the ER, I will buy!!

It was great talking with you a few weeks ago! I'm glad you guys are back in the area!!!