Monday, March 16, 2009

I have found my new drama

I hesitate to post this because I don't want to be one of those people that only blogs about TV shows, but I have been looking for a drama to get into for a while now and have finally found one to latch on to. I tried to get into several popular dramas including Lost, but I really wasn't blown away. I saw teaser previews for the new NBC show Kings and thought it looked interesting but didn't make plans to watch the series opener. By chance, I came back from choir practice last night and Mike had the show on. I sat down to see if it was any good and then I spent the next hour and a half completely glued to the screen. I have to admit the main draw for the show was Christopher Egan who in my opinion looks like Val Kilmer and Matt Damon's love child. I immediately fell in love with his story line and wanted him to succeed. He is the character you connect with and grounds the story in some reality. I was also impressed with the performances of Ian McShane and Sebastian Stan and I definitely want to see what happens in their relationship next. In the two-hour opener the plot took many twists and turns and set up the story well for the rest of the season. I can't wait to see it again next week! Did anyone else see it?

1 comment:

Mike and Ariane said...

Sorry, we didn't see it! But the photo at first glance reminded me or Rolf from Sound of Music. ;-)