Monday, March 10, 2008

First Post

I have been avoiding starting a blog because I was worried I wouldn't know what to write about or how to best share my thoughts. For those who know me, this may be a surprising admission, but this has honestly been my stumbling block. I bumped into a friend yesterday who said to me, "Oh please, you have PLENTY to say. If I can keep a blog, so can you." So, today I finally bit the bullet and started our very own blog.

I figured it would be a good idea for me to start this before we move (in 6 weeks, 5 days...can you tell I am excited?). This way I am already in the habit of blogging before we leave and my schedule changes dramatically.

For those who don't know, Mike, Carter and I are moving back to NH after Mike graduates in April. Currently, I work at a Public Relations firm here in Provo and I am eagerly awaiting being a full-time mom when we move and Mike is working full-time.

I can't believe we are so close to finishing up school. When I first got to Provo in January of 2006 it felt like we would never be done and so much of our life plans were unsure. Mike and I had dated long distance and for two firstborn, dominant personalities living together, our first year of marriage was definitely an adjustment. Once we made it to the one year mark, it felt like our life became much more even-keel. Then, last December, we had our little boy, Carter, and he has made us happier than we even thought possible. Becoming a mother has been a hard, but very fulfilling event in my life and I am grateful every day that we were blessed to welcome Carter to our family. Now that we are nearing the end of our stay in Utah, it feels like it has gone by very quickly. I am looking forward to us starting a new chapter of our lives in New Hampshire.

Well, I guess that is it for tonight. Welcome to our new blog. I feel very much like Doogie Howser, but maybe that feeling will lessen with time.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I love the blog! I've been telling Mike for a long time now that you guys need to do one, so I'm so happy you are! It looks great too. And I LOVE that picture!

Mike and Ariane said...

Just think in 6 weeks and 3 days you can change your profile from Provo to NH! :-) So glad you have a blog! I can feel closer to yoU!

Anonymous said...

Your parents must be over the moon about you moving back.