Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Love Jimmy's Love Bug!!!

I dropped off the Audi today to get the brakes looked at Jimmy's Love Bug here in Provo. Steve, the guy who unlocked the shop to take the car in this morning, was very nice and didn't make me feel stupid. Most times when I bring the car in to a mechanic I get eye rolls and mocking from the staff. But Steve was very nice and he assured me he would find out what was wrong. After walking to work from their shop I hoped that the repair would not be too pricey or extensive. He called me at 11:25 a.m. to report that I needed new front and rear brakes and that a spring from the back had fallen into the rotor. I braced for the bad news. Then he said that with parts and labor, the bill would come to $225 and I could pick it up at 12:30 p.m.!!! After getting off the phone with Steve, the girl that sits on the other side of my cube at work made fun of me that I had said, "Really?" and "Great!!" like 15 times. I just couldn't believe what a change this was from dealing with the Ken Garff Audi dealership. They quoted me $1,200 and couldn't get me in for a week. Jimmy's took me in the day after I called and finished my vehicle in just a few hours. Also, when they saw me walking back to their shop, they got my keys and invoice ready and met me at the door. I was very impressed with their service and with the politeness of their staff. Steve must have told me five times, "Thank you for your business", "Thanks for coming in" and their office smelled and looked like my dad's glass shop back home, so it was a pleasant memory. I would definitely take our car back to Jimmy's any time and would recommend them to any other VW/Audi owners. Thanks John for the great tip!! You saved us a ton of money and hassle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when you've got a guy. I miss your dad's shop too. He was my glass guy until I moved. It's sad that the handful of windshield repairs I've needed were from people I didn't know.